230V, 100 Hz, AC, Pure Sine Wave, Power Source

• Last Post 31 October 2023
Vasile posted this 25 October 2023

Hello everyone,

I need a power source that can deliver 230V, 100 Hz, AC, Pure Sine Wave. I searched the internet, but mostly because the standard is 50-60 Hz, you will not find it as a standard electrical hardware in stores (online and offline). So it is a "specialized" type of equipment and I did find something from https://novaelectric.com, for example, in the form of frequency converters, inverters and custom made power sources.

My question is: Does anybody know how to make a diy, solid state, power source that does what I just described? A square wave will also do for the moment but pure sine wave is preffered.

P.S.: I know Vidura is skilled in the arts, maybe he is around to help. By the way, Fighter, is there a option to tag people in comments?

• Liked by
  • Fighter
  • Inception
Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
Vasile posted this 25 October 2023

Hello everyone,

I need a power source that can deliver 230V, 100 Hz, AC, Pure Sine Wave. I searched the internet, but mostly because the standard is 50-60 Hz, you will not find it as a standard electrical hardware in stores (online and offline). So it is a "specialized" type of equipment and I did find something from https://novaelectric.com, for example, in the form of frequency converters, inverters and custom made power sources.

My question is: Does anybody know how to make a diy, solid state, power source that does what I just described? A square wave will also do for the moment but pure sine wave is preffered.

P.S.: I know Vidura is skilled in the arts, maybe he is around to help. By the way, Fighter, is there a option to tag people in comments?

• Liked by
  • Fighter
  • Inception
Fighter posted this 25 October 2023

Hi Vasile,

There is no tagging feature for members just tags for threads, sorry...

But you can send a personal message to Vidura through his profile here (the "Message Me" button) and he will receive a notification in his email inbox through our email system.

Regards,

Fighter

"If you want to find the secrets of the universe, think in terms of energy, frequency and vibration."
Nikola Tesla
  • Liked by
  • Inception
  • Vasile
Atti posted this 25 October 2023

Hi.

In theory, it's simple. The practice is of a different nature. For the basic implementation, I would suggest the topology of inverters used in P.V. systems.
That is : PWM sinewave inverter.
You can also use a D-class amplifier topology.
Bottom line. To vary the high frequency signal fill factor within a period. If you need 230V voltage then 325V D.C. DC voltage should be controlled in this way. The control can be arduino or EGS002.
You can find a lot of information about it.  Just an example

baerndorfer posted this 25 October 2023

maybe you should look for 'variable frequency device'

VFD Capacity: 1HP (0.75kW)
Input voltage: 220V, 230V, 240V AC ±15% single phase
Input Frequency: 50Hz or 60Hz
Output voltage: 0 - input voltage three phase
Output Frequency: 0 Hz - 400 Hz (maximum)
Rated current: 4.7 amps

http://www.vfds.org/1hp-vfd-50hz-60hz-220v-single-phase-input-216398.html

have a nice day
B

• Liked by
  • Fighter
  • Inception
Vasile posted this 26 October 2023

Quoting:Atti

PWM sinewave inverter.

Thanks for the tip. Really interesting tech the PWM used for inverters.

• Liked by
  • Inception
  • Fighter
Vasile posted this 26 October 2023

Quoting:baerndorfer

maybe you should look for 'variable frequency device

I already tryed with VFDs years ago. The problem with them is that the output is squarewave and not sinewave. At least the majority of VFDs are like that because it is cheaper to make a square wave VFD than a sinewave one. They rely on the fact that high induction devices like motors, which VFDs are mainly used for, do not care that much if the input is square or sine.

Shelfordella posted this 28 October 2023

230V rms, peak or peak2peak? How much power?

"A little theory and calculation would have saved Edison 90 per cent of the labor." Nikola Tesla

• Liked by
  • Inception
  • Fighter
YoElMiCrO posted this 28 October 2023

Hello everyone.

@Shelfordella.

I think Atti is right, only with PWM could you make that generator.
A long time ago I made a pure sine inverter for
120Vac @ 60Hz, when where I lived I had to count the hours of mains supply.
I did it with a micro controller and a full-brigge stage in 24Vdc.
I think that exists in the market, you'll just have to tweak something.

YoElMiCrO.

Inception posted this 28 October 2023

100 Hz Sine Oscillator ---> 8 bit A-to-D converter ---> 8 MOSFET drivers ---> 8 Binary-weighted power MOSFETs (summed) ---> 256 step sine wave  ---> low or band pass filter ---> Smoothed sine wave generator.

• Liked by
  • Fighter
  • AlteredUnity
Vasile posted this 28 October 2023

Quoting:Shelfordella

• 230V rms.
  • 100 W.

• Liked by
  • Fighter
Shelfordella posted this 29 October 2023

Quoting:Vasile

Quoting:Shelfordella

• 230V rms.
  • 100 W.

Do you have 230V coming out of the mains?
Looking into a (resonant) frequency doubler might be interesting. Will look into it too to see how it works.

"A little theory and calculation would have saved Edison 90 per cent of the labor." Nikola Tesla

• Liked by
  • Fighter
Close